We apologize for the inconvenience and will look into the problem to ensure it does not happen again.
In October of 2004, the Executive Board approved the establishment of the William J. Cooke Memorial Scholarship Fund in recognition of Bill Cooke’s tireless efforts to improve the working conditions of his fellow brothers and sisters. Bill “Cooke” was a Teamster member for 31 years. For more than half of his career, he served as an elected Union officer.
Today we congratulate this years winners.
Today, Teamsters Local 623 along with over 40 Local unions and allied organizations sent a letter to Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney. We are asking Mayor Kenney to meet five needs for all Essential Workers in the city of Philadelphia:
- Expand Testing Eligibility to All Essential Workers
- Mandate Anti-Retalition Provisions for All Essential Workers
- Authorize the Office of Labor to File Suit On Behalf of Impacted Workers
- Enforce Strict Safety and Sanitation Guidelines for Employers
- Reopen Hahnemann Hospital for Public Use
Click through to read the letter and see the signatories.