What YOU need to know about Security Threat Assessment (STA). Your STA is how your UPS badge stays valid and active. Starting this year your STA is only good for five (5) years. If your badge gets turned off due to the STA, you will need to be on escort status and need to get signed in every shift.
What you need to know:
- If your badge gets turned off, you can only be on escort status for 90 days. After 90 days you cannot come into work until your badge is valid.
- The STA gets sent to TSA and takes about a week to 2 weeks to get approved.
- The STA is based on the employees information. (place of birth, 5 years’ worth of addresses, etc.)
- Two (2) VALID forms of government issued IDs are needed. 1 photo ID (license, state issued ID card, passport) and 1 non photo ID (social security card, birth cert.)
- If you were born abroad, but you are a citizen, you will need a Report of Birth Abroad Cert.
- If you were born outside of the U.S., you will need either a green card, naturalization cert.,or U.S passport.
- All ID's requested CANNOT be expired or about to expire within a few weeks.